[Mailman-Users] Exporting/Importing users

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Sep 4 20:26:24 CEST 2004

At 3:00 PM -0300 2004-09-04, tomcat at downtownhost.com wrote:

>    I have a customer who'll move from another host to mine, the problem
>    is, that this customer does not have SSH access on the old host, nor
>    cron, and have finished the relationship with the old host in bad
>    terms... still he have access to his mailman, I would like to ask if
>    there's any way where he can move the mailman user list and setting
>    not having access to the configuration files.

	Well, if you don't have access to the machine anymore, then odds
are you would be considered to be hacking into the machine and
violating any of a number of different laws by "stealing" the user
list.  You should seriously consider industrial espionage and theft
laws, and the potential consequences before, proceeding down this
path.

	That said, you're limited to listing the users via the web
interface, or sending the "who" command to the administrative
interface which is available to all subscribers (unless that feature
was disabled).  If you have a lot of users and you use the web
interface, then you will be limited to the number of users you can
see per page.

	There are no other export options that are available.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755