[Mailman-Users] Exporting/Importing users

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sun Sep 5 02:15:11 CEST 2004

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 03:00:50PM -0300, tomcat at downtownhost.com wrote:
>   I have a customer who'll move from another host to mine, the problem
>   is, that this customer does not have SSH access on the old host, nor
>   cron, and have finished the relationship with the old host in bad
>   terms... still he have access to his mailman, I would like to ask if
>   there's any way where he can move the mailman user list and setting
>   not having access to the configuration files.

You can get the subscriber list by scripting the web interface
(having the script visit all of the pages of the Membership
Management admin interface).  An example of this approach is
available at:
  http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb
You will probably want to extend that example to also record
each member's options (like digest mode, hide, etc.).

You could also script something that copied all of the settings
from one host's web interface to another... but it is probably
easier to do this by hand unless you have a lot lists to
configure.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/