[Mailman-Users] Confirmation of Emails ????

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Sep 18 18:11:07 CEST 2004

Abbas Qaizar wrote:

>If I don't want to invite people to subscribe on this mailinglist and if I add their addresses myself in this list then will they get mails / messages ???

Yes.

>How will I know that they are getting my mails ???

If they are subscribed and their delivery is enabled and they are not
bouncing and Mailman is not broken, you can assume the messages are
getting at least as far as their incoming MTA's

>Is there any way for the confirmation of receipts ???

You could modify the Mailman code to add a Disposition-Notification-To:
or other header to your outgoing messages, but this is a BAD idea.
Such receipt requests are generally considered extremely impolite at
best when used in mailing list messages, and they are generally
inneffective anyway. Many MUAs don't recognize them and those that do
are often set by their users to not return receipts at all or to not
return receipts for messages not specifically addressed to them (i.e.
list messages).