[Mailman-Users] Confirmation of Emails ????

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Sep 20 16:52:21 CEST 2004

On 9/18/2004 9:11, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Such receipt requests are generally considered extremely impolite at
> best when used in mailing list messages, and they are generally
> inneffective anyway. Many MUAs don't recognize them and those that do
> are often set by their users to not return receipts at all or to not
> return receipts for messages not specifically addressed to them (i.e.
> list messages).

For example, I have my MUAs set to ask me whether to send a receipt.  By
policy, I *never* send one for a list message.  I also seldom send one for a
non-list message (fortunately, none of the few people I regularly exchange
email with want them).

And except for testing to myself, I've never requested one.

  --John