[Mailman-Users] moderation not working

Jeff Nelson jtnelson at mail.el-camino.net
Tue Sep 21 19:49:50 CEST 2004

Hi,
Well, I removed my Mailman 2.1.5 install and put in 2.0.13.  After getting
everything configured, I can subscribe users and Mailman sends out welcome
messages, but messages on a list set to be moderated still
disappear--actually, ALL messages to the list disappear now, even when
moderation is not set.

According to the docs, 2.1.5 is supposed to *work* with Python 2.1.3, though
the later version is recommended.  I'm thinking that this wasn't the problem
after all.  :-{

I will be most grateful for ideas.  If I can't get Mailman working within a
couple of days, I'm going to have to try some other list manager, like Sympa,
but I hate to do that because Mailman still has the best interface by far.

Jeff

On Sep 20, 2004, at 1:44 AM, Jeff Nelson wrote:
> My MTA is Postfix 1.1.11-0, Python 2.1.3-3, OS Debian stable
> (woody)/kernel
> 2.2.20, on Compaq Proliant 1600 (PII) hardware.

I don't know if this is the cause of your problems, but IIRC, 2.1.5
requires Python 2.3 or later.

Dan