[Mailman-Users] Adding massive subscribers

ddewey at cyberthugs.com ddewey at cyberthugs.com
Tue Sep 28 20:41:51 CEST 2004

Quoting Arlequ?n (amahoro at adinet.com.uy):

> Hello, there.
>
> I am using a MailMan system instaled at by the hosting company which
> offers us the possibily to have mail lists.
>
> I have to deliver a little report in a month basis and have 1200+
> addresses to add.
>
> I have a file (Unix CR+LF format) in my Linux box and before adding it
> using the MailMan List Administrator web front-end I want to know in
> wich format the file must be.
>
> Comma-separated values, one address by line....?
> CR-LF Unix or MS-Windows format...?

I just added 1,000 subscribers to my first mailman list over the weekend
using a Majordomo subscription list, which was a linux-formatted file with
one email address per line.  I used Firefox on Windows to do it after
scp'ing the file down from the linux box.

address1 at domain.com
address2 at domain2.com
etc.

Worked perfectly.  Just be sure you have the notification provisions the way
you want them, you may not want 1200 people getting a Welcome message for
instance.

dave