[Mailman-Users] footer

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 20 02:08:57 CEST 2005

Jardar Eggesbø Abrahamsen wrote:

>I wonder why the footer is always ISO 8859-1. And in the instances where
>it only contains ASCII characters, it would be compatible with most
>encodings, and could in theory just be appended to the body anyway,
>couldn't it?

I think the footer is always considered to be in the character set of
the list language. The character set associated with a language is
defined in the add_language() entries at the end of Defaults.py or
overridden in mm_cfg.py.

When in doubt, it is safer to separate the footer than not. See for
example the thread at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-April/044112.html