[Mailman-Users] virtual hosts and https follow-up

Dan Collins bigtuner at comcast.net
Mon Aug 1 19:53:09 CEST 2005

Hello Vince, Mark and all --

Well, I ran the withlists program (duh! can't believe I forgot to do this)
on the one list I want to run from the second-virtual -host only. But now
(maybe before, too), I can go into any list under https xxx.org, https
www.xxx.org, https www.second-virtual-host, but not just plain https
second-virtual-host. (It recognizes the server Alias but not the server
name). The confusion only appears to be happening with mailman.Yes, I
restarted Apache. Obviously, this is not what I want and I should have just
left well enough alone. Dang.

Vince, I have four virtual hosts on my machine (running Apache) - In
httpd.conf,  I have the ip address with port 80 or 443 for each of the two
hosts. I have mailman and pipermail set up for each host under the 443 port
like so

<VirtualHost xxx.xx.xxx.xx:443>

Alias   /pipermail     "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public"

 <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public">
 AddDefaultCharset Off
 Options FollowSymLinks
 AllowOverride None
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /mailman    "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin"

<Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin">
        Options ExecCGI FollowSymlinks MultiViews
   AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

All enclosed in the <VirtualHost xxx.xx.xxx.xx:443> container for each host