[Mailman-Users] list members treated as nonmembers problem

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Aug 24 03:41:13 CEST 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The poster is validated as a list member in various ways depending in
> particular on the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting of
> USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER. Read the comments about this and about
> SENDER_HEADERS in Defaults.py, and also understand what headers are
> put in your message and what envelope sender is set by your MUA/MTA.

thank you.  That was exactly the clues I needed.  the problem seemed to
be related to a friend of mine running mailman list on virtual machine
here.  We were having all sorts of problems with SPF message rejection
and when we tried: SENDER_HEADERS = ('sender') the problems went away
(why? I have no idea).

so, I copied and got bit.  It's probably additionally some interaction
between postfix and mailman in terms of what gets sent in the SMTP
transaction but what the heck, it's working now and I can live with it.

thanks again for the help.

---eric