[Mailman-Users] Pipermail archives to https

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 7 05:18:24 CET 2005

Don McGregor wrote:
>1. I want the existing archives (eg links to attachments in the
>existing pipermail
>archives) to point to https rather than http. If I just do a sed
>script on archives/public/listname/*.txt to replace occurances
>of http://mySiteName with https://mySiteName will that cause the
>changes to ripple through to the  html?

No. Changing the *.txt files won't have any side effects on any other
files, but see below.

>2. Is there anything else to be alert for? I've changed the Defaults.py
>entries to
>Defaults.py:DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
>Defaults.py:PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'https://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%
>so will new entries have the https from the start?

Now that you've changed the url patterns, You're almost there assuming
you have a archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox file for each
list (You do unless you changed ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX to -1 or 0). Run

bin/arch --wipe listname

to rebuild the archives for each list. This will rerun the scrubber and
recreate links to attachments using the new patterns. See
for some caveats if you've ever edited the listname.mbox files.