[Mailman-Users] Moving Servers

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Dec 10 23:17:50 CET 2005

Mechanical Bunny wrote:

>I am changing from a webhost that uses your software to help me control my mailing lists, to one that does not use your software.  Is there anyway I can just transfer your software over into my new host's server?  My new host has a really crappy mailing list setup and I like yours so much.

You would have to install Mailman on the new host's server. This would
undoubtedly require the cooperation and assistance of the new host's
personnel, so you should be speaking to them.

Once Mailman is installed on the new host, the lists and archives can
be transferred from the old host, but this would require cooperation
and assistance at both ends. Many discussions of the actual process
are in the archives of this list.