[Mailman-Users] Confused about data/aliases* permissions

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sun Dec 11 17:46:01 CET 2005

I'm trying to install Mailman on a GNU/Linux box with Postfix.
Following the instructions in the installation manual a chown'd data/
aliases* to mailman:mailman. However when I try to create a group
from the web interface I get an error because postalias can't write
data/aliases.db. I got it to work by changing the ownership to
nobody:nobody (since the webserver run's as nobody) but that doesn't
seem right. What am I doing wrong here?

-Peter

Peter Seibel           * peter at gigamonkeys.com