[Mailman-Users] Archives

Raquel Rice raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Dec 21 20:12:33 CET 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:56:58 -0800
Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Raquel Rice wrote:
> >
> >I have Mailman 2.1.5 installed on a server running Debian
> >Sarge.=20 All the lists work wonderfully, except for archives, or
> >more correctly, access to the archives.  The archives are created
> >but they cannot be accessed because the appropriate "archive
> >variables" don't seem to be "picked up" from Defaults.py or
> >mm_cfg.py, or they don't seem to exist.  Any pointer in the right
> >direction would be terribly appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> Please give us more information. I.e. what specific URLs don't
> work? On what pages do you find these URLs? What are the specific
> "archive variables" that aren't "picked up", and where do you
> expect to see them, and what do you see instead?
>
> Also note that for any 'pipermail' URL to work, you need to have
> an appropriate alias or redirect in your web server.
>
> --

where the link "MyFriends Archives" points:
     http://lists.thericehouse.net/mailman/private/myfriends/
rather than to:
     http://lists.thericehouse.net/pipermail/myfriends/

>From httpd.conf:
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    <Directory "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/

--
Raquel
A man cannot utter words or sentences without disclosing to