[Mailman-Users] Large mailing lists

Ross Vandegrift ross at lug.udel.edu
Thu Dec 22 22:35:48 CET 2005

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 11:39:37AM -0600, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 10:01 AM -0500 2005-12-22, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> 	Ahh.  In this case you might want to give me some identifying
> information for your lists, because I updated FAQ 1.15 with the
> information you had posted on the list, and I identified that with
> udel.edu

Well, I can't release the identity of the list owner (confidentiality
agreements and all that!), but it's a dedicated server run by
HostMySite.com.  As of today, the server has about 550,000 recipients
spread across four lists.  I'll be increasing the spread to probably
100-200 lists today.

> I kept wondering if I should ask you about Dr. Mills, and
> whether or not you kept your machines in good time sync.  ;-)

Delaware - the great state of perfect time keeping.
Me - I love NTP, it is awesome
Univ of Delaware - they don't use NTP and the clocks are always
wrong...

Poor Dr. Mills!

--
Ross Vandegrift