[Mailman-Users] Discarding stripped messages and rejecting implicitdeclaration posts.

Lars Bungum lars.bungum at copyleft.no
Sat Feb 12 13:35:51 CET 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 18:38, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >1.  On the first messages with disallowed attachments are stripped of
> >these, but not held for moderator approval.  I would like to see them
> >held for such, how do I accomplish this?
> There is no option to hold messages which have had parts removed by
> content filtering.
> The only thing you might be able to do without hacking the code is to
> adjust max_message_size to hold messages with "large" attachments and
> not those without, but this would obviously not be very reliable.

How about adding the content-types to the spam-option?  I tried doing
this now, like:

as the spamfilter regexp.  Would that work?

It seems useful with the ability to discard these messages, though.  All
list posts that are being stripped have been spam this far.

> >2. On a different list messages that are posted either with implicit
> >declarations or with to many recipients are being held for moderator
> >approval.  I would like them to be discarded.  How do I do this?
> There's no option for this either.

Oh.  This would be really useful, because for a certain couple of lists,
that are advertised to the world, the amount of spam is incredible, and
the list owner gets about 150 of these for his approval very day.

Have any suggestions for a workaround?  Creating a fake account for list
owner is the best I've come up with myself.

> >I've tried to look up and down the administration interface to find the
> >correct options, but can't seem to find the right mix.  On the first one
> >I thought selecting "filter_action" discard would be of use, but this
> >had no effect.  The remainder of the message was still sent to the list.
> filter_action only applies if there is nothing left after content
> filtering.

Right.  Thanks.

--
--lars