[Mailman-Users] Archives not updated with posted list messages[reprise]

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Feb 20 18:00:23 CET 2005

Jeffery Cann wrote:

>I posted a previous thread on this topic :
>http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg29658.html
>
>I thought that the bin/arch -wipe {list} fixed my problem.  But no
>messages posted to the list are actually added to the archives.
>
>I checked my mailman qrunner log and I can see the archiver running:
>Feb 10 18:22:24 2005 (1802) ArchRunner qrunner started.
>
>We are running a new version mailman on the new server.  I didn't
>migrate list configurations - I recreated them.  I did export and
>import mailman users for each list and I've moved the mbox file for
>our lists to a new server.   Then I've run bin/arch and bin/arch
>-wipe.  The archives build correctly, but I new messages posted after
>archive rebuild do not get archived.  Each list is configured to
>archive.
>
>So, I'm stumped.
>
>What other tools are there included with mailman so I can try to
>pinpoint my problem?   I appreciate any suggestions.

I think you're saying that the messages get into the
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file OK. I.e. when
you rerun 'bin/arch --wipe' you pick up new messages. If so, at least
you aren't losing them.

Two things you could look at are Mailman's 'error' log and
bin/check-perms, although since you said in your earlier post you're
on FC3, I suspect this is a SELinux issue. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg30522.html