[Mailman-Users] mmsearch now python RESOLVED && edithtml permissions BCP.

Gerald gcoon at inch.com
Thu Feb 24 23:14:17 CET 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> The integration of htdig with mailman is done with patches. It is not
> part of the standard release. See
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.011.htp
>
> You need to optain and apply the patches
>
>  [ #444879 ] Archive indexer control to improve indexing
>  [ #444884 ] Integration of Mailman & htdig for archive search

Thanks for the pointer. I was able to determine that on the FreeBSD
ports collection that translates into simply adding "-DWITH_HTDIG" to
the install command. FreeBSD ports rock.

Next question/stumbling block. This one seems simple, but I need to know
the proper way to fix this. Apache/httpd runs as user www. Mailman runs
as user mailman. The mailman check_perms file says everything looks ok.
When you try to edit a page from the mailman interface ("Edit the Public
HTML pages"-> "General List Information" for example->"Submit changes"),
you get

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/mailman/lists/listname/en/listinfo.html'

ls -al $file =
-rw-r--r--  1 mailman  mailman  575 Jul 18  2004 /usr/local/mailman/lists/listname/en/listinfo.html

Who typically gives? Apache, mailman, or some unknown by me third option?

Gerald