[Mailman-Users] howto ignore body of join/subscribe requests

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Feb 25 20:42:00 CET 2005

Yinen Yang wrote:

>Hello Mark, thanks for the reply.  I am using Approval Only for subscription

Yes, I didn't try that.

>(I would like to fully automate the subscription process
>(while keeping it silent) but that is another issue. hehe)

Quoting myself from another thread:
you can do a lot by posting with wget. See
and perhaps other posts in that thread or found by

>Here is the response I get from Mailman:  This response comes immediately
>after the administrator (me) gets the announcement Email that a new member
>is waiting for approval.  Thus showing the subscription request was ok and
>completed successfully but I still get the "Results of Your Email Commands"

I don't think there's anything you can do about this short of hacking
the code. You could send a separate message to the -join address with
empty subject and message body but even that will still produce the
"results" reply although it may be more acceptable.