[Mailman-Users] Edited pages

PeteBell macbantam at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 2 17:20:23 CET 2005

I have recently come across a problem which I need your help on please.

First let me say that the installation of Mailman which I use is NOT
available to me - it is shared server-wide with many other users who
are hosted on the server.

As admninistrator of a list I am setting up, I edited the html of two
of the only webpages available to be edited to add some degree of
personalisation, namely the "subscription results" page and the "user
options" page.  Everything was working well until yesterday when I was
testing a few things out, and found that for some unknown reason the
old mailman-generated pages had come back.

Now, luckily I had backed up the html of my customised pages and was
able to sort it out quite quickly, but it was only because I happened
along by fluke that I noticed the problem, and I want to avoid it ever
happening again. I don't want my users to be browsing my pretty,
personalised webpages to be suddenly confronted by two rather ugly
mailman pages in the middle of my site!

My webhost can't think why it happened, and is reluctant to blame an
upgrade or restoration of some backup or other.

I think what I need to find out from you, is the usual location of both
the two original mailman generated pages, and also the location of the
two pages after I have edited them (if different).

Thanks in advance.
Pete Bell, UK