[Mailman-Users] bit setting for new user options

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Mon Jan 3 12:17:21 CET 2005

On Jan 3, 2005, at 17:29, David Logan wrote:

> I've trawled my way through the docs (please point out if I haven't
> seen it) and would like to know the settings to use to ensure all new
> members are added with the moderated bit set on. At the moment the
> config says 256 but doesn't explain which bit is which and I am not
> that good at reading python code (just yet, I am having a few issues
> with the way I think 8-)).

The bitfield definitions are in mailman/Defaults.py   (search for
Bitfield).

> I know I can do this through the web interface but I am using a perl
> script to add_members and need them to have the moderate bit switched
> on right from the start as this is an announce only list.

If you set default_member_moderation to Yes on the Privacy options...
Sender filters page, the new people you subscribe with add_members will
have their moderation flag set with no additional action on your part
(and no need to know the bitfield defintions :-).

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/