[Mailman-Users] bit setting for new user options

David Logan david at lcscreative.com
Mon Jan 3 12:18:15 CET 2005

Hi Again,

I've managed to answer my own question so please forget I even posted
this. If the flag 'Set everyone's moderation bit' is set to on, all new
subscriptions are automagically set with this on.

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I've trawled my way through the docs (please point out if I haven't seen
it) and would like to know the settings to use to ensure all new members
are added with the moderated bit set on. At the moment the config says
256 but doesn't explain which bit is which and I am not that good at
reading python code (just yet, I am having a few issues with the way I
think 8-)).

I know I can do this through the web interface but I am using a perl
script to add_members and need them to have the moderate bit switched on
right from the start as this is an announce only list.

Regards

David

when in trouble, or in doubt
run in circles, scream and shout