[Mailman-Users] Mailman not responding, configuration error?

Dr. Jones drjones at vii.com
Mon Jan 3 16:25:18 CET 2005

I can't seem to figure out how to mail correctly through Mailman,
version 2.1.5-4.

I am including lines from mm_cfg.py along with other particulars about
my installation in hopes that someone can help me figure out why I am
not able to get this working correctly.

My mm_cfg.py (in part):

# Put YOUR site-specific configuration below, in mm_cfg.py . #
# See Defaults.py for explanations of the values.            #

DEFAULT_URL       = 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mailman/'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST= 'fyrenice.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST= 'www.fyrenice.com'
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST,DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
IMAGE_LOGOS       = '/images/mailman/'
USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = 0
DEFAULT_SEND_REMINDERS = 0
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
MAILMAN_OWNER     = 'mailman-owner@%s' % DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'

Also in Mailman for my primary list, I have the following entries:

Name of list: "2ls"

Host name this list prefers for email.
(Details for *host_name*)
<http://fyrenice.com/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/2ls/?VARHELP=general/host_name>
 mail.fyrenice.com

If I make any changes to the configuration through the Web interface, I
get an error:

  Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/mailman/admin/2ls/general was not found on
this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at localhost Port 80

but if I change the URL to remove the /cgi-bin portion then it loads up
just fine, i.e., it takes me to the correct page saving the updates.

These are some of my problems....I appreciate any help.

--
Dr. Scott S. Jones
Hands-On Chiropractic