[Mailman-Users] Running Mailman with Cpanel, or on a different server
glen.low at pixelglow.com
Wed Jan 5 02:02:00 CET 2005
Apologies in advance if this is too newbieish -- I have consulted the
online materials but to no avail.
The web hosting company I use has Mailman configured for use under
Cpanel. Unfortunately they have a rule which limits outgoing emails to
200 per hour. I know from online materials that it would be difficult
to throttle the number of emails sent out, so I need to explore several
As I understand it, the Cpanel install creates a lists subdirectory for
each mailing list it creates.
1. Can I override the HTML template used to generate pipermail archives
by putting an appropriate file in the list subdirectory?
2. Can I direct mailman to use a different machine or MTA through the
If the Cpanel approach is too inflexible, I'm hoping to run Mailman and
the MTA on my own server but keep the web-related parts on the web host
company servers. (Primarily so there's no hassle to get an appropriate
subdomain, so that the web and search engine traffic goes to their
3. Is it possible to get Mailman on my server to archive mail to the
web host company server? Perhaps by using ftp? (Are the archives static
files or cgi generated?)
4. How about the web front ends to the mailing list, is it possible to
somehow rewire the cgi to interface with the Mailman on my system?
5. Can I get Mailman to talk to an MTA on a different server? e.g. my
Cheers, Glen Low
pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff
More information about the Mailman-Users