[Mailman-Users] Move archive file to new list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 8 23:48:01 CET 2005

mytrix wrote:

>I want to move an archive files from old list to new. I have only *.txt and
>*.txt.tgz files. I copied it to new location at
>/usr/local/mailman/archive/private/listname/* and then I run script "arch
>listname". It re-created an index file, but the old files were ignore :/
>It`s any way, how can I added an old archive files to actual archive?

Ideally, you would have moved the <listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file.
This is the file that bin/arch will use by default.

If you have only the *.txt and *.txt.tgz files, you will need to unpack
any .txt.tgz files so you have a complete (and unduplicated) set of
.txt files and then concatenate them into one large file. Put this in
(in your case)
/usr/local/mailman/archive/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox and
then run

bin/arch --wipe listname

which will rebuild the archive from listname.mbox/listname.mbox