[Mailman-Users] AssertionError

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 16:44:09 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 05:42, John Poltorak wrote:
> I thought Mailman was supposed to be platform independent... I didn't have
> this particular problem with v2.0.13 but I guess this must be some thing
> new related to mailmanctl.

Mailman is UNIX only. Perhaps you've confused the fact that python the
language it's written in is OS independent. That said much of mailman is
platform independent, its just not %100 independent and I'm not aware of
any effort to make it %100 independent of UNIX. Also the problem you're
having is with the most UNIX specific part of mailman, the control of
processes. I suspect if you work through the issues with mailmanctl
you'll be a long way towards getting your port finished.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>