[Mailman-Users] post not logged as 'posted' but appears in archives

Anne Ramey anner at blast.com
Thu Jan 20 23:02:11 CET 2005

I have a couple of messages posted to a list (moderated list, sent
weekly) that appear in the lists archives, but not in the post log for
mailman.  The weeks before that they appear like this:

Jan 06 14:03:41 2005 (1967) post to tn_sale from
mail at customerdomain.tld, size=16694, 3 failures

Always with 3 failures.  Then last week, the 13th there are no errors
anywhere, but no posted log.  Also, their number of out-of-office and
bounces seem very low.  They are concerned that it never finished
sending.  They sent another today--again, no posted message.  I did not
receive todays yet, but it was sent around 11 this morning...and there
doesn't seem to be anything in the outgoing queue.  The server is not
acting like mailman is busy--I'm not seeing python tasks popping up
frequently, like I do when it's sending usually. What else can I check?
  Has this happened to anyone else?

--
Anne Ramey