[Mailman-Users] Two questions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 25 23:33:01 CET 2005

Erin Dalzell wrote:

>> If you're changing things rather than just adding, try putting
>> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear() ahead of your mm_cfg.py entries.
>That was the first thing I tried. Just to make sure this isn't something
>weird. I am seeing this on the site wide mailing list mailman. I haven't
>tried other mailing lists yet.

It's hard to say what might be happening without knowing what exactly
you're doing in mm_cfg.py, but some things which are set in
Defaults.py are also used in Defaults.py. Thus simply changing the
setting in mm_cfg.py isn't enough, you also have to redo (maybe after
undoing) the usage.

The most obvious example is DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.
These are set in Defaults.py and then used in Defaults.py in

Thus if either or both is changed in mm_cfg.py, the

must be repeated after the change, or to be completely sure, clear the
existing entries and then re-add as in

If you're still having problems, please provide the contents of your
mm_cfg.py and a description of the actual problem behavior.