[Mailman-Users] Two questions

Erin Dalzell erin at thedalzells.org
Sat Jan 29 00:47:07 CET 2005

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Erin Dalzell wrote:
>

>>>If you're changing things rather than just adding, try putting
>>>VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear() ahead of your mm_cfg.py entries.
>>
>>That was the first thing I tried. Just to make sure this isn't something
>>weird. I am seeing this on the site wide mailing list mailman. I haven't
>>tried other mailing lists yet.
>

> It's hard to say what might be happening without knowing what exactly
> you're doing in mm_cfg.py, but some things which are set in
> Defaults.py are also used in Defaults.py. Thus simply changing the
> setting in mm_cfg.py isn't enough, you also have to redo (maybe after
> undoing) the usage.
>
> The most obvious example is DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.
> These are set in Defaults.py and then used in Defaults.py in
>
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> Thus if either or both is changed in mm_cfg.py, the
>
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> must be repeated after the change, or to be completely sure, clear the
> existing entries and then re-add as in
>
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> If you're still having problems, please provide the contents of your
> mm_cfg.py and a description of the actual problem behavior.

MTA = "Postfix"
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
add_virtualhost('www.thedalzells.org')

My process is:
* change the file
* Run fix_url
* restart mailman

The problem is that the links on the site-wide Mailman list aren't
changed to whatever I have the the add_virtualhost call.

So I have made the changes in Defaults.py, which you are not supposed to do.

Thanks

emd