[Mailman-Users] Two questions

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jan 29 03:07:53 CET 2005

Erin Dalzell wrote:
>MTA = "Postfix"
>IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'
>My process is:
>* change the file
>* Run fix_url
>* restart mailman
>The problem is that the links on the site-wide Mailman list aren't
>changed to whatever I have the the add_virtualhost call.
>So I have made the changes in Defaults.py, which you are not supposed to do.

I would do the following:

Put Defaults.py back to it's original state.

Put the following in mm_cfg.py

MTA = "Postfix"
IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.thedalzells.org'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'thedalzells.org'

The last could equally well be add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST) or
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST) as all three are
equivalent in this case.

Then do

bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url

and finally restart mailman.

If this doesn't work, then I don't know what's going on.