[Mailman-Users] maiman with postfix

Eljee (laptop) foto at eljee.nl
Wed Jan 26 11:18:05 CET 2005

Hi All,

I got a configuration problem. I try to get postfix to work nicely with
mailman with virtual domains. For some strange reason are the
mailmanlists under my 'mydomain' of 'myhostnam' working as it should but
the mailmanlists under my virtual domains are not working. For example
list-1-subscribe at anotherdomain.com will not be processed by mailman but
just delivered at validuser at anotherdomain.com.

/var/mailman/data/virtual-mailman contains the line:
list-1-subscribe at anotherdomain.com   list-1-subscribe

and

/var/mailman/data/aliases contains the line:
list-1-subscribe:     "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe list-1"

the two files are owned by mailman (also the group)

Anyone any idea??
Regards, LJ

This is my setup:

[root at lj postfix]# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/var/mailman/data/aliases, hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
command_time_limit = 5000s
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
inet_interfaces = all
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
mailbox_transport = cyrus
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = /etc/postfix/local-host-names $myhostname
localhost.$mydomain $mydomain
mydomain = eljee.com
myhostname = eljee.com
owner_request_special = no
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.0.18/README_FILES
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = /etc/postfix/relay_domains
setgid_group = postdrop
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/mailman/data/virtual-mailman,
hash:/etc/postfix/virtual