[Mailman-Users] mailmanlistinfo without slash

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Fri Jan 28 04:06:34 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net>
To: "John Fleming" <john at wa9als.com>; <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] mailmanlistinfo without slash

> John Fleming wrote:
>
>>> It looks like you may have changed DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py.
>>> Does it have a trailing slash?
>>
>>No, it doesn't - Should it?  If so, others don't have it either, e.g. this
>>is how I found things:
>>
>>DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman'
>>PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/cgi-bin/mailman/private'
>>IMAGE_LOGOS         = '/images/mailman/'
>>
>>Thus the first 2 don't and last one does.  Should they all have the
>>trailing
>>slash?  (Actually I don't need the cgi-bin part, but I'll fix that later
>>after I get the basic problem corrected.)
>
> I think it is best if they all do have the trailing slash, but there
> are many places in Mailman's code where the trailing slash is checked
> for and added if absent, but clearly not everywhere.
>
>>> If this is the problem, after you fix DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN, you need to
>>> run bin/fix_url.py under bin/withlist to fix the list(s).
>>
>>OK, I've added the trailing slash, run fix_url.py using withlist and
>>restarted Mailman, but everything is the same - The link still has
>>"listinfomailman" without the needed slash.  Any more ideas?
>
> As Tokio mentioned in another reply, the archive was probably built
> with the bad value and now that the list is fixed (assuming that is
> the fix) the archive needs to be rebuilt.
>
> As Tokio also suggested, since there isn't anything in the archive yet,
> you could remove the list and recreate it (and use config_list to save
> the settings before deleting and restore them later), but if you have
> members and they have various different options, etc. it is probably
> much simpler to just do
>
> bin/arch --wipe <listname>
>
> to recreate the archive.

Well, it doesn't like bin/arch as above because the archive is empty:

Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin# ./arch --wipe sked

<snip>

Cannot open mbox file /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sked.mbox/sked.mbox:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sked.mbox/sked.mbox'
Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin#

I also tried just ./arch without the --wipe and got the same error.

*** I did create a brand new test list, and the link is CORRECT for that
list, so fix_url after adding the trailing slash did fix the problem.  Now
to get the existing lists fixed - maybe.  I intend for these lists to NOT
have archives, so it's academic for existing lists.  I just would like fix
it so that the incorrect link doesn't appear if someone goes there out of
curiosity and then hits the listinfo link to get back.  I guess I might have
to save the config and recreate the lists if I really want the link fixed
that badly.  Thanks Mark and Tokio for your help - Future lists won't have
this problem!  - John