[Mailman-Users] mailmanlistinfo without slash

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jan 28 05:08:02 CET 2005

John Fleming wrote:

>Well, it doesn't like bin/arch as above because the archive is empty:
>
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin# ./arch --wipe sked
>
><snip>
>
>Cannot open mbox file /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sked.mbox/sked.mbox:
>[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/sked.mbox/sked.mbox'
>Luke:/var/lib/mailman/bin#
>
>I also tried just ./arch without the --wipe and got the same error.
>
>*** I did create a brand new test list, and the link is CORRECT for that
>list, so fix_url after adding the trailing slash did fix the problem.  Now
>to get the existing lists fixed - maybe.  I intend for these lists to NOT
>have archives, so it's academic for existing lists.  I just would like fix
>it so that the incorrect link doesn't appear if someone goes there out of
>curiosity and then hits the listinfo link to get back.  I guess I might have
>to save the config and recreate the lists if I really want the link fixed
>that badly.  Thanks Mark and Tokio for your help - Future lists won't have
>this problem!  - John

Tokio's suggestion to move (or copy) lists/<listname>/config.pck aside
and then remove and recreate the list and then move the config.pck
back is a good one, but a simpler idea is if there is no
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox file, just do

bin/arch --wipe sked /dev/null

or whatever your other list names might be.

I tested that this time and it works :-)