[Mailman-Users] vette log/discarded messages

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Fri Jan 28 21:11:10 CET 2005

I am following up a previous message about failure to post to a list. As
I said, the Postfix/maillog shows that it was sent. However, the
mailman/post log shows nothing. The mailman/vette log shows:

Jan 28 11:32:23 2005 (20467) Message discarded, msgid:
<41FA9591.5030606 at wherever.com

I am sending as a non-moderated member and have tried changing various
options for sending from non-members, moderated members, etc. It is set
to discard automatically from a non-member. However, it looks like it is
just discarding everything from everyone. I have many other lists and
have never seen this behavior. The only thing significantly different
about this list is that there are 38,000 members and the list is updated
monthly by a script. It is possible that file permissions were changed,
but I checked that and it doesn't seem to be anything that would affect
this.

Any ideas?

Christopher Adams