[Mailman-Users] [2.1.5] Enable MBox-Archive-Download ...

Martin Mewes mm at mewes.tv
Mon Jan 31 11:38:14 CET 2005

Hi all,

maybe I am just searching the wrong direction but I am desperately
looking for a method within 2.1.5 to enable the download of a full
"normal" mbox (with no munged headers) within a list.

The FAQ says, that there is an option in a prior version to disbale this
for spam-reasons.

To do this,

      You can get <a href="%(listinfo)s">more information about this
      or you can <a href="%(fullarch)s">download the full raw

      You can get <a href="%(listinfo)s">more information about this

So I tried to do it the other way round, but the file
(/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py) mentioned does not
contain any of this data.

So I grepped thorugh some files, but weren't able to find a suitable
method to have something like this ...

You can get more information about this list or download the full
archive here.

... which should only come up, if you pass authentication to view a list

bis dahin/kind regards
Martin Mewes
Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain
removed so that I may be promoted to management