[Mailman-Users] Changing Reply-To settings don't work or ignored.

Maclagan maclagan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:38:10 CEST 2005

System: RH7.3, mailman-2.0.13-1

Using the web based administrative interface, I'm trying to change
where replies to list messages go (ie: set the Reply-To header).
Want to change it from an explicit address to "Poster".

Deleting the Explicit Reply-To address and submitting the changes
doesn't change anything (ie: the Reply-To address is still there).
Changing the Explicit Reply-To address to something else changes
the value on the config page, but has no effect.

Frustratingly, setting where replies to list messages are directed to
"Poster" is completely ignored.

I've done some googling and found the first part of this was a known
bug in Mailman 2.0beta5 but, supposedly, fixed before 2.0 release.

I think direct access to the config.db file for the list might be an
answer, but it seems to be a binary file and I have no knowledge of
what application creates/modifies it.  Thought about taking ot it with
a hex editor, but decided that would probably cause more problems
than it cured.

Any suggestions for a fix or a work around would be appreciated.