[Mailman-Users] Additional Content Filter Type

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Jul 10 22:11:04 CEST 2005

At 1:54 PM -0500 2005-07-10, Greg Blakely wrote:

>  A user posts a PDF file to a mailing list with public archives.  I would
>  want that PDF file to be saved to the archives (or some other place on
>  the Mailman server), and a .URL hyperlink attachment appended in its
>  place when the posting reaches the recipients.
>
>  Has this already been done?  Is it something that would make sense, if
>  not?

	From the "NEWS" file for the 2.1.6-RELEASE version at
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/NEWS?rev=2.43.2.51&only_with_tag=Release_2_1-maint&view=markup>.

     - List owners can now use Scrubber to get the attachments scrubbed (held
       in the web archive), if the site admin permits it in mm_cfg.py.  New
       variables introduced are SCRUBBER_DONT_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME and
       SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION in Defaults.py for scrubber
       behavior.  (904850)

	In other words, upgrade and make sure that you set the
configuration options correctly.  There's no user interface to give
you the option to selectively scrub attachments -- this is either
"all on" or "all off".

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755