[Mailman-Users] "No such list mailman" after creating list

Josh Simoneau jsimoneau at lmtcs.com
Wed Jul 20 18:25:11 CEST 2005

Greetings,

Installed 2.1.5 today and have been tinkering. I followed the
installation document and everything went fine, except this one problem.

I can create lists (such as the mailman list) and mailman emails the
given user to let them know about the new list. I can create new lists
from the command line, no errors, email sent out. When I execute
"list_lists" all the lists I have created are displayed as expected.

However, if I go to http://mydomain.com/mailman/admin/mailman at the top
of the mailman page it says "No such list mailman" same goes for other
lists I have created (No such list anotherlistname). If I view the error
log, it says "admin.py access for non-existent list: mailman". So
apparently something is not seeing the list as existing.

Another interesting thing is when I try to create a list using the web
interface, it tells me "Error: You are not authorized to create new
mailing lists". I have tried both the site admin and list creator
passwords, I have tried resetting them to new passwords, nothing works.

Can someone point me in the direction I should look to resolve this?

Many Thanks,
Josh Simoneau