[Mailman-Users] Mailman and XMail - No forwarding

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jul 26 03:13:32 CEST 2005

Wiel wrote:

>The only error I find in the error log is:
>
>Jul 25 22:05:24 2005 (25676) No such list "icons":
>
>which I don't understand either....

This could be meaningless. This can occur for example if someone tries
to go to http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo/icons or various
other pages for non-existent lists.

>The guidelines on the site mentioned earlier describe a procedure to do the wrapping:
>  1.. The update-mailman-lists script will maintain the correct set of cmdaliases for us. First su to root, then simply run the
>command
>
>  /var/MailRoot/bin/update-mailman-lists
>
>  2.. The update-mailman-lists script will create symlinks to the mailman-template.tab file for all aliases required for mailman.
>The mailman-template.tab file causes XMail to use the /var/MailRoot/bin/mailman script to handle all mailman email. This script in
>turn uses the econv program to pass email to mailman in the correct format.
>  You can verify that the correct symlinks have been created in your cmdalias subdirectories. You'll need to run the
>update-mailman-lists command whenever you add or remove mailman lists, or you can run the command automatically in a cronjob. If you
>know a bit of Python code, you could even write a Mailman MTA plugin to do it automatically whenever you add or remove a list.
>
>The mailman script and update-mailman-lists route all mailman posts to mailman-template.tab which looks like this:
>
>"external"      "0"     "0"     "/var/MailRoot/bin/mailman"     "@@RCPT"        "@@TMPFILE"
>
>Looks like this procedure is not working?

Yes, it looks like that. I'm sorry I can't be of further help. You
might find the answer on an Xmail list or using other Xmail resources.