[Mailman-Users] (re-post) smtp failures, please help

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Thu Jun 2 16:07:12 CEST 2005

Thanks Mark.

This helped me to figure it out...! The envelope sender is set to
mailman-bounces at localhost, and it seems courier doesn't like that. I
verified that by telnetting into my mail server and got the same 517 syntax
error when I sent:

mail from: mailman-bounces at localhost

Is mailman-bounces one of the required aliases? How can I configure mailman
such that it uses a proper email address rather than providing
mailman-bounces at localhost ?

Ricardo