[Mailman-Users] What Happened To The Message?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 3 06:46:20 CEST 2005

Hunter Hillegas wrote:

>I posted to one of my lists. This list contains 265,000 members. It is an
>announce only list.
>
>I can see the mail server got the post:
>
>Jun  2 22:43:55 myhost postfix/local[31186]: D6C0D250778:
>to=<mylist at mail.myhost.com>, orig_to=<mylist at mail.myhost.com>, relay=local,
>delay=1, status=sent ("|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mylist")
>
>So, I go to look at Mailman's 'post' file and the last entry is from a few
>days back. Nothing related to this post at all.
>
>Also, nothing ever hit the archives.
>
>Is there something in between postfix getting/delivering the message and
>Mailman posting it?

Pretty much everything. The 'post' log isn't written until SMTPDirect
delivers the outgoing message(s) to the outgoing MTA.

>Could it still be churning on something? I don't see
>Python using hardly any CPU.

Are all the qrunners running?

>How can I determine what happened?

Look in the 'error' log, look in the 'locks' log, look in the qrunner
log, look in the qfiles/shunt directory. Look in the other qfiles/*
directories. See FAQ article 3.14