[Mailman-Users] Mailmain Error - senddigests

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jun 5 04:05:47 CEST 2005

David Hwang wrote:

>Well, this has been running for awhile but I never bothered with the log
>files until now.  I just run a couple of small lists for our cub scout
>pack.  I don't even know if anyone uses digests.  It works fine for all
>the people, to the best of my knowledge.  But I'd like to get this error
>message from popping up everyday.
>
>There is no bin directory under /home/mailman.

Maybe it's in /var/mailman. It could be anywhere depending on how
Mailman was installed. Try running

find / -name mailman

as root to locate the directory where the installed mailman software is.

>permissions on /home/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck are:
>
>-rw-rw----   1   mailman   mailman
>
>Does that give any clues?

Does the mailman crontab that runs the Mailman cron jobs run them as
user 'mailman'?

What are the permissions on the /home/mailman/lists/mailman/ directory
(presumably /home/mailman/lists/ is OK or lists wouldn't work)? They
are usually

drwxrwsr-x   2 root    mailman