[Mailman-Users] Insert character to footer

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Sun Jun 12 01:12:28 CEST 2005

> I wish to insert an ampersand (&) into the footer, but when I
> use plain &, it generates & into the footer. Should I enclose it
> in some way?

1.  Create a plain text file in /bin named "footer".  Make your footer there
like this:

msg_footer="""______________________________________________________________________
Insert the text you want here & make it real nice.
%(real_name)s mailing list
%real_name)s@%(host_name)s
%web_page_url)slistinfo%cgiext)s/%_internal_name)s
"""

2.  Then run /bin/config_list -i foot listname

That should do it.  But if you change the footer via the web interface, you
will screw it up.  Change the /bin/footer file instead.

This technique will allow you to use double quotes and other problematic
characters.  - John