[Mailman-Users] Plans to support 2 lists w/ same name indiffdomains?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jun 13 07:19:25 CEST 2005

Matt England wrote:

>Can anyone provide recommendations for configuring the 'mailman' email
>list...that spans the virtual domains?  Should one alias the virtual domain
>'mailman' list somehow to the "global" mailman list?

I assume here you're talking about a single, global Mailman serving all
virtual hosts.

You have to have a site 'mailman' list, and it is just one list for the
whole site. The list is normally in the
DEFAULT_URL_HOST/DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST domain with aliases in that
domain. However, on the overview listinfo page and admin page for
other domains, there is a reference to the mailman at that.virtual.domain
list. For this reason, I think it is best if each domain has aliases
for at least the posting address for the site list, and the mailman
administrator for each domain should be subscribed to the site list.