[Mailman-Users] Exim + Mailman + Secondary MX

GamCo - Gawie Marais gawie at gam.co.za
Mon Jun 20 10:43:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

We have a server doing Secondary MX for a stack of domains as well as relay
for a stack of ip addresses.

We installed and configured Mailman as per the installation instructions and
all works great but we get a Relay Access Denied error when we try and send
mail to recipients on domains not listed in the domainlist relay_to_domains
entry in Exim.

We use the following entries on Exim to allow the sending of mail to the
domains we do secondary MX hosting for as well as the hosts we allow
relaying from through our server :-

domainlist relay_to_domains = /usr/local/etc/exim/relay_domains
hostlist relay_from_hosts = /usr/local/etc/exim/host_relay

If we take out the entries on the domainlist relay_to_domains ,, then
everything works great except that anyone can then relay to any domain
making the server a potential open relay.

Has anyone got some idea to run this configuration correctly ??

Regards

Gawie J Marais