[Mailman-Users] Can't Send mail to the list

Benjamin Wise bwise at bwise.net.au
Fri Jun 24 10:08:28 CEST 2005

I am bit of newbie to mailman but here is the situation

On Freebsd 4.11stable I'm running a jail called testjail.[domainname].com.

Inside the jail I have used the ports to install mailman, webmin and
sendmail

The problem is every time I send an email to the list.
list at testjail.[domainname].com <mailto:list at testjail.%5bdomainname%5d.com>

I receive the following error message

<list at testjail.[domainname].com>:

[IP address] does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 5.1.1 <list at testjail.[domainname].com>... User unknown
Giving up on [IP Adress].

Mail to users of the system work fine but for some reason I can't send to
the list.

Would appreciate any help

Cheers

Ben