[Mailman-Users] Mailman was working, then stopped

Doug Lipman mail at storydynamics.com
Sun Jun 26 15:12:05 CEST 2005

Problem solved! Thanks for the phone call, Larry. You were terrific.
Knowledgeable and generous.

For anyone else with this same problem, the solution was to restart
the qrunners and make sure they were set to start on reboot.

On my Redhat system, this meant:

>bin/mailmanctl start

after which ps auxxw|grep -i QR gave an eight-line return.

To set the Queue Runners to start on reboot:

>chkconfig --level 23 --add mailman

That was all!

Doug

>What about your Queue Runners?
>
>  ps auxx|grep -i QR
>
>If they aren't running, that's your problem.
>

>--
>Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
>Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
>US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611 US

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 521165, Tulsa, OK 74152
Phone: (918) 712-7336. Fax: (206) 202-7719. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story DynamicsÅ: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://www.storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://www.storydynamics.com/upcoming
The Soul of Hope: http://www.SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com