[Mailman-Users] Sender Filters

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Mar 3 20:45:55 CET 2005

At 10:49 AM -0700 2005-03-02, Jim Peavler wrote:

>  I have been asked to move a list currently being served on listserv
>  to Mailman.  How do a transfer the subscriber list over?

	That's largely going to depend on Listserv.

>                                                            How do I
>  transfer the archives?

	I don't know how Listserv stores their archives.  Mailman uses
7th edition "mbox" format files, which can be imported using the
"arch" tool.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.009.htp>
and
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.003.htp>.

>  I guess I need to know the format of these things and what, if anything,
>  needs to be done to make them work in the new environment.

	I don't know that anyone has written a step-by-step guide to
importing Listserv mailing lists.  If you find or create such a
thing, please let us know.

	In the meanwhile, I recommend that you read the documentation at
<http://www.list.org/docs.html> for List Managers and Site
Administrators, check the searchable FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, and search the archives
of the mailman-users mailing list as shown at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.018.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755