[Mailman-Users] Sender Filters

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 4 22:45:43 CET 2005

karlkras at comcast.net wrote:

>I'm configuring a 'newsletter' list so all of the standard members are flagged as moderated and, since I don't want to allow them to post messages to the list, I would like such messages to be sent to the moderator to be considered while sending a "rejection" notice back to the member notifying of this.
>
>>From my interpretation of the configuration interface what I would really like is a hybrid between member_moderation_action = 'reject' && 'hold' but this wouldn't appear possible. i.e., I'd like to be able to hold the message for approval by the list moderators, while automatically rejecting the message by sending a bounce notice to the post's author.
>
>Is there another not so obvious way to accomplish this?

If I understand what you wan't, It already works that way. You set
member_moderation_action = hold and the message is held. The poster is
informed via a message based on the postheld.txt template. A list
specific version of that template can be made to tell the poster
anything you want. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp
for info on creating the list specific template.