[Mailman-Users] Need help with "content filtering"

Stonewall Ballard sb.list at sb.org
Sun Mar 6 20:56:57 CET 2005

On Mar 5, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I think what's going on here is the original message is
> multipart/alternative with both a text/plain part and a text/html
> part. If more than one sub-part remains in a multipart/alternative
> part after filtering, Mailman selects the first remaining alternative
> which would be the text/plain part in this case.

This was a problem with my users until I discovered that Outlook seems
to send the text part first, but other mail clients sent the html part
first, so html was getting through only for people who didn't use
Outlook.

But I don't see the point of removing all but one alternative part. Why
does Mailman do that?

  - Stoney