[Mailman-Users] Spanish version option page -- More information

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Mar 8 21:06:11 CET 2005

Aaron Crosman wrote:

>I'm quite sure it's not a template.  I have checked, double check, and
>now triple checked.  I'm really sure.  None of those other directories
>exist except lists/<list name>/es/ and that just contains a
>"subscriback.txt" for the replacement welcome message.

You are correct. I think I've discovered the problem.

The 2.1.4 version of messages/es/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po contains:

#: Mailman/Cgi/options.py:767
msgid ""
"\n"
"You are subscribed to this list with the case-preserved address\n"
"<em>%(cpuser)s</em>."
msgstr ""
"\n"
"Está suscrito a la lista con la dirección <em>%s</em> respetando
mayúsculas "
"y minúsculas."

This is wrong. It was fixed in 2.1.5. The last 2 lines should be

"Está suscrito a la lista con la dirección <em>%(cpuser)s</em>
respetando "
"mayúsculas y minúsculas."

The crucial difference is %(cpuser)s, not %s

After fixing the file, you need to update the .mo file with

bin/msgfmt.py messages/es/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po

BTW, I think you'll find that your test list has the same problem if
you visit the options page as a subscriber.